Client: LWP Property Group
Cost: $18M +
Capability: Residential Subdivisions
Location: North Rothbury
Duration: Over 18 months
The Huntlee development is located just off the Hunter Expressway near Branxton. The development is in the early stages of creating a new large community and city centre with residential and commercial precincts in the heart of the Hunter Valley. The initial stages which KCE have been involved in include a number of stages in the first residential precinct Katherine’s Landing.
Scope of work:
These stages have involved the creation of
• 200+ Residential Lots
• 4 bioretention basins
• 65,000m3 of earthworks and lot regrade
• 6.5km of stormwater construction up to 1050mm diameter
• Utilities installation (including potable water, recycled water, low pressure sewer, electrical, NBN and gas)
• 11kV and low voltage electrical reticulation including kiosk
• 44 000sq.m of pavement construction
• 2.6km of concrete block retaining walls up to 3m in height
• Culvert bridge structure on Trition Boulevard with a large steel truss structure replicating the historical structure of a nearby bridge and providing a feature when entering the future residential precinct
Highlights and challenges:
• The project has involved cooperating with a large group of stakeholders which have been managed cooperatively with our client.
• The construction works have encountered a significant amount of rock in both earthworks and trenching. This has required works to be flexible with multiple work areas to ensure productivity and new lots are delivered to meet the high sales demand and contractual obligations with purchasers.
• The design and presentation of the estate are a high priority for our client. KCE have delivered a high quality of finish with attention to detail and have been commended for our results in delivered lots at the site to date.